We had dentist appointments a couple of weeks ago. We haven't been in several years. And yup, you guessed it. Cavities. I have one and Adam three. He isn't looking forward to having his filled— they are all spread out, which means more pain and a really numb mouth.
I know, to many of you, this is no big deal but, it's new to me! I've never had a cavity and I was terrified. Mind you, I've had braces with a spring, my wisdom teeth pulled, a skin graft on my bottom gum (they took skin from the roof of my mouth), and incisions in my gums between each tooth (this severs the fibrous tissue that interlocks teeth, once severed it's supposed to help teeth stay straight) and for that procedure I had several shots, one in the roof of my mouth—which I would NEVER recommend.
So I went in shaky and nervous expecting quite a lot of pain. But it turned out to be no big deal! I didn't feel a thing, it was over in 20 minutes with topical anesthetic and one measly little shot! What hurt most was the numbness wearing off. Whew. Silly me.
We'll see how Adam feels when his are done. . . .

Oh man, you must be lucky, cause I can feel them drilling into my nerve every time! I think the pain killer take a long time to work on me, cause it doesn't seem to ever kick in until I get home.
ReplyDeleteDidn't you have to have the skin graft done twice?
ReplyDelete