Monday, November 23, 2009

NaNoWriMo Update

I stopped writing. Sorry NaNoWriMo. Sorry friends who thought I would be a multi-millionaire novelist so that I could share the money with you and put your name in the front of the book. Sorry teachers who taught me better.

All the funny pep talks and encouragement from our dear Chris Baty couldn't blind me to the fact that my novel about a rock climbing shape shifter who craves apples and throws up after eating fast food, ought not to be written. I fell 10,000 words to my death. And now I know I am capable of writing pure drivel—check that one off the list. Next time, I'll have a plot and a plan and utilize that multi-thousand dollar education I am still paying dearly for....

2 comments:

  1. You make me smile! Can you believe this--I finally logged on again. Now I just need to write some of my own drivel--that's what it's all about, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This made me laugh too, we change, but we are all still pretty much the same, that is comforting.

    ReplyDelete