Monday, September 17, 2012

Zomcon

We've been watching a lot of Walking Dead around here. So when I asked Adam what he wanted to do for a family birthday party, of course he picked a Zombie costume party (Adults only). We sent out video invitations. Here is the first.
Password: zomcon
The idea was that out of each couple invited, one would come as a Zombie Hunter and the other as the Zombie—thus giving us instant teams for our party games. A few days later, a follow up message was delivered.
Password: zomcon



Everyone made it alive. The Zomcon safe-house was boarded up and taped off against the zombies. (My neighbor saw me putting up the tape and stopped to ask if we were alright. Giggle.)
True to the story, there was no electricity and poor doctor Zenk had been bitten while in her handyman clothes trying to fix that generator.
A few mandatory Zomcon signs were posted around the house.
Boxes of Zomcon apocalyptic first aid supplies served as side tables.
The "research" included a Zombie questionnaire, pin the bullet or brain on the zombie (depending on which team you were on), and the Parlor Game.
Dad freaked us out a little. We couldn't tell who he was when he came growling at our door. (Heather came as a hunter too...somehow I missed getting a photo of her. Sorry!)
We served Birthday Blood Clot Brain cupcakes with Drink to Stink like a Zombie (Zombie camouflage) milk.
Also served were a few other important drinks.
Other goodies included, fingers, eyeballs, and despairing little gingerbread zombies.
We had human food too. After eating, each guest was quizzed—if a Hunter's first bite had been human food, the hunters got a point etc.
Larissa noticed Lee had left all the finger tips on his plate. Wha? "I don't like fingernails" he said, "they get stuck in my teeth." Hilarious! (Turns out he doesn't like nuts.)
The evening was AWESOME. Everyone was able to come, and took the costume thing seriously. It was FANTASTIC. Oh, and the Hunters won. The human race will live on. 
Lee and Jamison stayed after everyone else left and we finished Season 2 of The Walking Dead. Man oh man. I think I had my eyes closed for most of that season! It was the perfect end to a great evening. Adam had so much fun! He told me it was the best birthday ever. SCORE!

If you are at any time interested in the posters, games, labels, or more details contact me. I would be glad to share any info or email anything you'd like in print-ready form.

7 comments:

  1. Wow!!! That is awesome I love how you took the pictures and made us ALIVE..heeeeesssh...my zombie breathing. Anyway it was a great party glad we got invited. You are so clever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work!! Looks like you guys had a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like tons of fun, but I have to say--I think you must have way too much time on your hands! Love you anyway. . .

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh. my. GOODNESS! how completely revolting (and awesome) that food looks! lol! what an awesome party! so sad we weren't there! my brother is talking about having a zombie themed bonfire at the beach in november, might have to steal some ideas! you've done it again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dang Anna, I don't think that you could GET more creative!! :) I love you cousin, this is way AWESOME... your husband is one LUCKY man! :)Tell him Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How much fun is this?!?! You are so clever and creative -- love it!! Looks like Adam enjoyed his birthday... I'm clearly VERY late in saying this, but Happy Birthday!! :)

    ReplyDelete