This is a sour cream pound cake with orange lemon curd filling (all from scratch!) It took 5.5 hours to frost and decorate. I needed to do something cheapish—meaning no fondant or gum paste — so I used ribbon and gum paste flowers I already had on hand. The piping flowers employ a brush embroidery technique.
I am doing sugar free for the next couple of weeks and I actually MADE it through the day without eating any of this. Well, correction: without swallowing any. (It doesn't count if you take a bite, chew it, and then spit it out right?) Talk about temptation.
More details on the event for which this was created, coming soon.
This cake has been posted on A Thousand Phases.

VERY well done!
ReplyDeleteThat's beautiful! You always amaze me. Now come for a visit!
ReplyDeleteGorgeous Anna!!! Love this!!! And what Megan said? DITTO :)
ReplyDeleteAmazing!
ReplyDeleteYou are SERIOUSLY amazing!!
ReplyDelete