The theater is small and modern. Below is a photo in the hallway leading to the restroom. We walked in and were completely thrown into disorientation by the color. I like this shot—it's iconic in a way.
Some walls are magnetic and have yards of chain mail adhering to them. Although visually interesting from a distance…they also look cheap and…well, flat chested up-close. I imagine the walls will be redone at some point.
Friends waiting in the lobby.
The theater is like a giant cube. Inside all the seats are removable, the stage too. It can be formatted to fit any event need. There were no bad seats. We were on the second level and look how close we were to the action!
This particular rendition was fun to watch, although not my favorite. It was set in 1815-1832 France but the costumes did not stay true to the 1800's which was bothersome to me (I mean, some were actually modern.) And let's just say the trouble Fantine got herself into at the whore house was too explicit. The audience was gasping out of shock…not awe.
During some musical numbers, the actors stood at different places around the room. One took a seat next to Adam and kinda freaked him out! It was great.
On another note on some other different random day (can you tell I'm doing a photo dump?), we decided to try the Grub Burger Bar. We'd heard it was good.
And it was! But not for me. I seem to always try something a little too different. I went with a Thai Peanut Butter burger: Creamy peanut butter, roasted peanuts, cilantro lime coconut flakes, and Sambal mayo. Let's just say it was like eating a peanut butter sandwich with meat in it. My fault. I should have known it would be weird. Everyone else was pleased with theirs so I would recommend this spot.
And I just enjoy these shots, so I am posting them. Hah!







Oh man, the description of your burger just almost made me throw up a little bit... I guess most of that is due to my current condition, but still. That stunk- sorry :/ What did Brandon have that was amazing? The turkey burger? Yea I think that was it. SO GOOD. And the fries were awesome.
ReplyDeleteLes Mis was so fun! I wish we could go to theater productions more often.
I love you.
Les Mis is the best! What a fun day -- the burger place sounds awesome. Sorry your burger was a bummer. Being adventurous in your menu is either all or nothing isn't it?! A massive risk for the biggest reward or the biggest failure... never seems to be anything in-between! :)
ReplyDelete