I couldn't decide which one I wanted so this year I made THREE pies. Feeling silly, I asked Adam, "What am I thinking?!" He answered, "I'm not surprised you're making three…you like pie and you like to bake." Then I felt better about making such a large quantity of birthday treats.
All were gluten free so that our celiac friend could partake. The flavors were: English apple with a dumpling crust, coconut cream with a shortbread crust, and sweet potato pie with a molasses cookie crust (the cookies I had to made from scratch so they would be gluten free as well.) They all turned out delicious.
P.S. If anyone offers a slice of sweet potato pie to you…don't even hesitate to eat it. It's similar to, but better than pumpkin. Really.
My parents sent a cake lifter and a cookbook from a bakery in San Francisco. (Now I don't have to use Adam and three very wobbly spatulas to move my cakes from the decorating turntable to the cake stand!)
Thank you everyone for the birthday wishes and other gifts. What a surprise, and I am thankful!



No comments:
Post a Comment