Cooking started to Christmas music around 12:00 on Wednesday and didn't end until we sat down to eat the next day (well, we did sleep). A million versions of Chestnuts Roasting, four desserts, five sides, and one main dish later we were stuffed. Now we have leftovers for eternity.
Would you like to know how much butter I used? No. That should be your answer. No you don't. I don't want to know either. Heavens.
In columns:
Pecan Pie from The Pioneer Woman I don't like pecan pie. But after having this one, I LOVE IT. That's how awesome her recipe is.
Rolls with Honey Butter—20 minute rolls from an Anna family recipe, Adam's request. We munch on these all day.
Strawberry Pretzel Salad — his side, family favorite.
Cherry Raspberry Hand Pies
Cesar Salad—gotta have green in there somewhere right?
Sweet potato pie bites—pie filling piped onto gingersnap cookies, topped with maple whipped cream and cinnamon.
English Apple Pie
Sweet Potato Mashed Potatoes
Honey Tamarind Ribs—from the hog Adam personally stabbed to death.
Stuffing—my only recipe fail. It was an inedible, clumpy soup. Don't worry. It won't happen again.
Preparing for Thanksgiving ALWAYS makes me lonely for my family. So, I am glad some of Adam's siblings could at least be together.
I am grateful for so much that I don't want to make a list because it will break the internet. So…let's just say…I AM thankful everyday for a lot.




Everything looks lovely. Especially you!!
ReplyDeleteThanks friend!
Delete