Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Homestead Heritage Two Years Later

The weekend of Thanksgiving is the only time the Homestead Heritage puts on a fair. It offers agrarian and craft-based classes, food made fresh from their own produce and grains, shops and handmade items for sale and activities for the children.

Lee and Jamison invited us to spend the day with them...and since they haven't been, we thought this might be fun for everyone.

The petting "zoo" was an absolute favorite for the girls. It had puppies, bunnies, and goats. But it was also an absolute zoo. Kids and parents clamoring over and around each other just to get a photo or have a turn with an animal.

I would say the event was overly attended this year.
The Homestead advertised on Facebook and on billboards...so I should have realized. I don't think we'll be going back unless they decide to hold it more than once a year to help spread out the crowd.


Below: The girls wanted to use my camera. So below are featured two pics of their raw talent.


The girls also enjoyed watching how yarn is spun.
We also held baby chicks, ate delicious pizza and cinnamon rolls, looked at pottery and other handmade items, went back to the petting zoo, bought some jams, berry honey and mixes, watched how dogs herd sheep, checked out the flour mill, and walked around.
Also, we enjoyed their very hot and fresh donuts.

I think it was a success, and we had fun with our friends. But I don't think I would recommend it again. Simply too many people, unfortunately.
SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment