Wait, wait...I'm getting ahead of myself. I'm not going to post a lot of photos because I had enough video that I wanted to try my amateur hand at that instead. So here we go, click here and enter the password: sunshine
It would have been nice to NOT have to check on the status of the shower every 4-5 hours. And in the end, we ended up showering about a half mile away in a different condo the whole time we were there. Parts had to be ordered and the wall had to be opened up on the other side to get it fixed. Oh well. Oh well.
The ocean conditions were flagged yellow, then red on our last day (hazardous) so the waves were rough enough to have some fun in and get some exercise!
The Boathouse: (Loud bar ambiance, money and bras stapled to the walls.)
Yellow Fin Tuna Stake, medium rare. Excellent.
Bochamps: (Finer dining, a lot of seating on multiple decks outside by the doc.)
MUST get the Oysters Bochamp / baked with caramelized vidalia onion, Alabama feta, and house-made bacon marmalade.
Also MUST get the Pan Roasted Gulf Grouper / feta cheese soufflé, garlic braised local spinach, house made Alabama tomato jam, citrus butter.
At night from our balcony we saw people ambling around on the beach with flashlights. They weren't so much as walking somewhere—it seemed they were looking for something. We discovered they were ghost crab hunting. They're the same color as the sand so you have to be quick. It's fun for families. (A site online recommended that you deck your kids out with glow sticks so you don't loose them in the dark.) After catching the crabs, you can let them go or take them home and cook'em up. We hear they're good.









Looks like a beautiful place. I always feel at peace on the beach.
ReplyDelete