Ever been to a roller derby? It's totally fun and a little bit crazy. I was browsing events online and discovered a championship game at exactly that moment. So I threw the invitation out to friends and I jumped in the car and went! It was just down the street!
The games are every bit as violent as you think they would be and exciting to watch. (The crowd is fun to watch too. There's a certain kind of demographic who shows up to support a roller derby.)
I kinda think I'd like this sport. Get out some aggression ya know?
Of course the team and player names are freaking awesome: Ms. Murdr and Whispering Death. What would YOU choose for your derby name?
The refs have creative names too (some a little adult rated)! San Sheriff, Humbug, Sweet Tart, Honey Badger....
I was barely getting the hang of how play and scoring worked by the time the champions were named. I'd totally attend another derby given the chance! Marlex joined me and felt the same.






No comments:
Post a Comment