Tuesday, November 22, 2022

She's Not a Huntress Yet

Mr. Moon finally talked me into hog hunting. I usually scrunch up my face at the thought because the weather is either too hot or too cold—but that excuse wasn't going to hold any ground this time. Adam generously gifted me his old camouflage garb to keep cozy and my own gun. So, I squeezed into four layers of clothing and secretly hoped we weren't going to see any hogs that night (because I was feeling too lazy to gut one.) And we didn't see one. So my very first "hunting" experience was lovely.











(Above: Adam, Anna, Nick)

I enjoyed Adam's company in silence, and we watched: two young buck play-fight and graze until it was too dark to decipher them from the trees, long single strands of spider web gently float and sparkle past the blind, and finally the appearance of a night sky full of stars. And when Adam got too cold—we went home.

No comments:

Post a Comment