This year every person in the family thought of an activity for the Christmas break. The parameters outlined were: it didn't matter how long or short the activity would be or where it was to take place. I believe it was a success!
We:
—played Jenkins Up
—flipped cups
—participated in the Reindeer Games
—fashioned earrings
—cut paper bags for snowflakes (addicting)
—dipped candles
—launched rockets
—puzzle solved with matches
—enjoyed a quilt show
—swat at the annual dance party
—lit "fireworks" and went for creative walks
I hope we do this again. I enjoy activities because they are inherent memory makers and a reason to gather, get reacquainted after time apart, and enjoy the company of those dear to our heart instead of sitting around staring at our mini screens. I'll always remember this Christmas because of the activities we planned participated in. (And as I work on images and video...my heart is full. I love my family.)
Click here to watch on YouTube for better quality. There's no music, but there is sound.
No comments:
Post a Comment