Tuesday, October 29, 2024

Clover Spring Arizona with Lysha

Clover Spring is located northeast of Phoenix Arizona. It used to be maintained as a campground but is no longer, and it's closed off to vehicles. According to this news article it is part of a "water restoration project begun 22 years ago to restore 2,800 feet of stream channel [and is now] working as envisioned without human maintenance."  

This is NOT the kind of place I envision when I think of Arizona. I imagine only rock, cactus, and houses with no lawns—but this drive into the mountainous region proved me wrong. The air was cool, almost crisp even, when Lysha and I exited her parent's vehicle to walk down a secluded path where her family used to camp. 


It was a short walk, but nice to be out in the quiet of nature with a friend who loves it at much as myself. We visited the area because it holds fond memories for Lysha's parents and of course they wanted to share. And I agree, it would be a lovely place to hike and camp.


No comments:

Post a Comment