Being on our own I have found that I LOVE color coordinating my gift wrap and making beautiful packages. (Yes, it's the designer in me.) Anyway, I think our Christmas tree will be work in progress from year to year because there are too many fun ideas out there. (Plus we had to go to the dollar store for our decorations this year . . . not the best but it works for now.)
Is there a book full of decorated Christmas trees? I will totally buy it, just point me in the right direction.
Those of you who have decorations should post them to your blogs!


I love the blue and red! Those are the colors of our Christmas cards this year. I'd have to say it's pretty darn impressive for a Dollar Store tree!
ReplyDeletekhee hee thanks!
ReplyDeleteI have to agree. That little tree looks pretty amazing. I wish I had more of a designer in me. I haven't wrapped my presents yet, but you have inspired me to be a little more creative.
ReplyDeleteI wanted a BEAUTIFUL tree this year... unfortunately it didn't work out! When it "relaxed" it had so many bald spots, it was horrible!!! Even with my cute decorations it still didn't help so I will NOT be posting my tree! Yours is beautiful and I love the presents... I have found I like color coordinating mine too, but alas yours look MUCH prettier!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful Tree, I need YOUR advice on how to decorate... I couldn't decorate one the right way to save my life!! :) I also love your packages, I think it's so pretty like that. Hey, I don't know if they have pool supply stores on every corner in Utah, like they do here in AZ, but one tid-bit of info. for you is that the day (maybe even week or two) after Christmas they put all their gigantic ($500 to $1000) trees on sale... we bought an $800 tree (pre lit, 9 foot) for $250 a couple years ago and it is worth every penny!! :) Perhaps you'll just have to come visit me and take a tree home with you one of these years! :)
ReplyDeleteGreat idea Alissa! That sounds fantastic. (Pool stores sell trees? Weird.)
ReplyDeleteYour tree was beautiful Anna! I don't know of a cool book with ideas, but I do remember seeing this year on Elsie Flannigan's blog a Pez Christmas tree! :)
ReplyDeletehttp://abeautifulmess.typepad.com/my_weblog/2007/12/christmas-spiri.html