Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Less Than

We're moving again. Last week was full of anxiety as we searched, signed, changed our minds, canceled, and signed again. Whoops. More money down the drain. But a lesson was learned.

The first place we looked at was nice. Really nice and it was a steal. But I was upset and my eyes started to water. "Was it allergies?" wondered the manager. "No. I am upset, I don't know why. I must not be looking forward to the move." We signed. That night neither one of us slept well. Even Adam who loved the apartment.

The next day a friend called. "Move here," she said. " be our neighbor!" Another great deal. Another manger letting us in to see an apartment. This time, excitement sat in my gut. This was it. This was the place. It fit us, fit our stuff. We had been trying to make the first place work with us and our stuff. Can't really do that with immovable walls. . . .

Cancellation of paper work, signing more papers, working out legal problems and fees with our current residence. Finally it's over. Out April 30th.

I stare at our stuff, dreading the move. And yet, I laugh because we're moving less than a block away.

6 comments:

  1. Ahhhh, yes. We are apartment searching right now...and it's been, well, frustrating. I'm glad that you found a place that feels right, though! Good luck with the move.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sad you guys are moving! But Anna...whenever you have the urge to pull weeds...we have a yard full, so by all means COME OVER!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Doesn't matter if it's around the corner or hundreds of miles.... moving is always a pain! I hope you enjoy your new place and get settled in quickly :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know, its just a suggestion, but you might try to think of other ways to spend your anniversary.

    I wish I were there to help!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow didn't know you guys were even thinking of moving...well good to know...missed your anniversary maybe that was my payback...lol...jk...amazing what I learn from previous comments..hee hee

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you are doing well and end up loving your new place. Why the move anyway?

    ReplyDelete