
We sang the star spangled banner . . . at which point whenever the word "star" came up, the crowd shouted it like kids with the sunbeam song. "Ohhhhh, say does that STAR! spangled banner . . ."We were accompanied by two large balloons-remote driven, which dropped coupons for free food. Sadly, they ignored our section.
Then the players entered—ooohhh the drama, and theatrics, and the awesome base of the sound system. And it began! Of course guys got plastered against the wall—often. Ouch. One got bashed in the face—blood everywhere. Another got bashed in the head, blood everywhere. And several fights broke out. Several.
Okay. So I am against hurting another human being—but some of the fights were funny—and well timed. We had fun, and probably won't pass up free tickets if they become available again.

I love LOVE hockey in person! How fun!
ReplyDeleteSounds like fun! When we were newly weds I worked with a kindergarten teacher who's husband was a professional NHL Referee (or are they Umpires?), I think that would be CRAZY!! Who'd want to break up those fights?!
ReplyDeleteGlad you guys had a great time, I love the picture... you two make a cute couple!! :)
PS Good luck with the move... no fun.
Love going to hockey games and I agree, why is it that in the context of a live hockey game, you kind of enjoy the fights?! It's a fun experience! :)
ReplyDeleteHockey is sooo much fun!! And the Stars are usually pretty good. Sorry on the move. You guys still in the same ward? Also, if that little quintapus (or whatever) is still available, I will be glad to have him. My green little monster needs a friend!
ReplyDelete