Last year, Adam and I ran into this fun little store. So, while in Kansas over Thanksgiving, the whole family visited
Moon Marble. They carry all sorts of games, modern and retro and also toys of the same sort. I must admit, I was most interested in the packaging. Especially the vintage games they had on display. (They even had vintage tin robots I might consider for a purchase sometime in the future.)

Vintage marble bags.

Vintage packaging for marble games.



Located in the back of the store is a studio where marble making demonstrations take place. At the beginning we watched a short clip similar to this one
(click here). And then met the owner who kindly created a marble with moons all over it just for us.


I never got to see the marble close up but you can kind of tell what it looks like from this photo below. Dad Moon purchased the marble where I am sure it proudly sits in the Moon household.
So cool! I was just wasting some time on youtube (lunch break) watching "how it's made" and watched a guy making marbles! Ha!
ReplyDeleteFun.
That is so cool!! :)
ReplyDelete