Sunday, June 13, 2010

Crawfish Boil

This is a live crawfish. Watch out, they can see you coming...pinch pinch.
Here they are, hanging out waiting to go into the pots.
Here's what they look like after they're done cooking in a bath of spices, potatoes, green beans, corn, sausage, onions, lemon, and mushrooms. Yum, and oh so spicy.
How do you eat them? It's simple. Gather round the tables and have at it all with your hands! (All the meat is in the tail.) We enjoyed fresh batches every 1/2 hour dumped on the table. Good eats!

One of Adam's contractors buys 200 lbs of fresh crawfish and puts on a crawfish boil every year at his lake house. There's eating and swimming all day long. If this aint a Texan thing to do, than I don't know what is!

4 comments:

  1. Yummy. I haven't had those since I was about 6. We used to get them out of Lake Tahoe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seems like a lot of work for a few bites... must be tasty! Great photos! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. so glad it turned out fun! you'll have to show us how it's done. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun time. I love that a kiddie pool is used in the process.

    ReplyDelete