Monday, June 7, 2010

On the Hottest Day of the Season

We camped over night in Dad and Mom Moon's backyard...
...with a fan which is NOT cheating in Texas...
...then started a long day of yard work.
The fence was power washed, then whitewashed...the laundry poles too.
The dog house which was started in 2008—and will last through a tornado—received its final touches.
Adam's Mom grew up on a farm so the paint job suited things perfectly and adds a fun POP of color to the yard. Don't you think so Mom? *wink* (We forgot to paint the X's on the doors so "technically" those don't exist yet...and I couldn't resist adding those little squares since I was already doing some post editing in Photoshop anyway....)
Above: Mom found second-hand pots, which Larissa spray painted and then transplanted some lovely flowering plants into.
Below: Mom Moon painting the tornado proof barn.
Ava, our Budda/Eskimo/Chinese/Indian baby niece working on a project of her own.
Dad and Adam doing their best to violate the OSHA rules while making a mailbox.
After power-washing the fence it received a nice waterproof stain...as did I. Lovely.
Thank you to craft services who provided lots and lots of water. (I've never had so much water, in one day in my life.) How do people live here???
Sometimes, taking over the kiddy pool is absolutely necessary.
We accomplished a LOT. Adam and I figure...since we don't have a yard of our own—we may as well work in someone else's. Thanks for letting us come Mom and Dad!

4 comments:

  1. It looks so great!! You guys are such hard workers. Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodness gracious you make everything look good =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so funny! I loved this post! Adam is such a crack up! i want to see you...this makes me homesick for you. uuurgh, come see me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never seen anyone in a pool that way. So, even Adam is creative and I'm with Nat..a visit would be nice.

    ReplyDelete