It's hanging on a wall in my closet and I love it. I can find my earrings so much faster! I love efficiency!!!
MATERIALS:
Stretcher bars for the frame (art supply store, about 6 bucks)–I chose these because the bars come in different lengths so I could have a "custom" size frame. However, you may just want to purchase an old frame from a second hand store. (The corners will look better anyway.)
Paint. Totally optional. I wanted the frame white so it would be easier to see my earrings.
Mesh. (fabric store) you'll find it near the tulle, but it's stiffer and the mesh is a bit larger. Get enough for all four sides to wrap around the frame (stretch it tight) and staple it in the back.
Hinges. Although mine are on the top I am going to SWITCH THEMM TO THE SIDE (highly recommended) so the panel opens like a cupboard door. This allows the user to put the backs on the earring studs easily!I had some supplies on hand (mesh and paint), so the whole thing cost less than 12 bucks! Wouldn't this make a great handmade present? The mesh comes in all colors so you could make one in pink, or black, or whatever.



VERY nice. I like the hinge on the side idea. cute earings, too.
ReplyDeleteYou have really neat earings! Great idea, by the way.
ReplyDeleteYu always have the best ideas my crafty friend. :)
ReplyDeletedude...again the creative mind is amazing!!! I have been trying to think of a classy and cheap way to store my earrings...(right now they are in a ziplock bag)...I am going to copy you!
ReplyDeleteThis is fabulous!! Love it and you have some fantastic earrings!! :)
ReplyDelete