Thursday, June 2, 2011

Current Living Conditions

We're moving! I started packing three weeks ago (admittedly that was too early, but I am so excited) and this is how things currently stand; A little claustrophobic but look how close the couch is to the tellie...it's like being in a movie theater! Three more weeks!
Most of you know we've been looking for a home to buy for around 9 months now. We got SO close but after FOUR extreme let-downs (being outbid by $8,000? Excuse me? And backing out of a house we finally won and really wanted...long story) we are still going to move...but into a rental house. FINE WITH ME! Get us out of apartment living and we'll be happy.
Things we will miss about this place: -The newer hardware, crown molding, newish carpets etc. (We are moving to an old house.) -Our cooking and baking nook with wall space for knives and spices.
Knife magnet from Ikea. Perfect if you have wall space and no counter space. Plus you can see exactly which knife you're grabbing, unlike from a knife block. (Notice they're hung for a left hander? Victory at last!!!) We REALLY love our spice rack. I recommend it if you're the type who screams at your spice cupboard as half of them come crashing out while you're grabbing for that mystery jar way in the back. You can make this by using slim lipped shelves (used for holding framed pictures–these came from Ikea). The little jars are .99 cents each at BedBathBeyond. I'm in the middle of making round labels for the lids.
We will also miss the trees and the view. Although, the view has changed a bit. An oil drill went in just to the right of the photo. Can't get any more Texas than that.
And of course we will miss the pool. We'll be using a kiddy pool in our new yard. Beyond that we are SO done with the memory of Crazy downstairs, Mr. Bark Bark Bark across the hall, and Mr. I Build Things Out of Wood upstairs. In a state with wide open places, I intend to NEVER live in an apartment again. Disclaimer: New York is exempt from this statement. Above Sound file: Our first reason for moving out...the air conditioner. The noise it makes is normal. The decibel at which it runs is NOT. I've had maintenance over SIX times. I am ready to sleep without being woken up. I am ready to watch a movie without blaring the speakers. I am ready to have company over who don't shout, "What's that noise?" Go ahead. Turn it way up.

7 comments:

  1. Oh, I'll miss your air conditioner :) AND YOU! Look at you, all packed and organized! I'm very impressed!
    That thing looks like a lid, but I haven't the foggiest as to what.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! The orange thing reminds me of the thing they put on ink cartridges.... would that match your ink? if so you can now throw it out, it is not any good now :) Spice rack is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I turned it up. Horrified. May your next AC behave itself. I'm so glad for you, and I can't wait to see what you do with a house! ...I'm not goin to hazard a guess as to what that thingy is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its the thing that fits on the ink cartridges to that printer we gave you guys. Its trash. Very amazed at how excitedly you packed 3 weeks in advance and I thought I wasn't a procrastinator. You are a major planer aheader..yes that is a word cause I just made it up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow...I couldn't figure out why those knives looked so weird...and then you reminded me that you probably cook left handed. Can't wait to see pictures of your new place!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was totally going to say the ink cartridge thing!!!

    I hate apartment living too...and our air conditioner is super annoying and loud too. I HATE IT!!! I'm so sad to see you go though... :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. That AC is obnoxious! I'd move too! You're so organized Anna -- I hope your new place is everything you hope it to be!! :)

    ReplyDelete