Friday, July 8, 2011

Putting Our Roots Down

Over the past year or so I have slowly and purposefully allowed ALL my plants to die. Upon further thought, I realized letting them die was a reflection of my feelings about our living situation. Those poor plants–having to pay for my bad mood with their lives....but not any more. We got in last week and I must tell you this move was greatly needed. And per tradition/Dad's suggestion, both of us quickly planted something to symbolize our intentions. And it feels SO GOOD to be here in this house for now.
Adam with his basil and me with a tomato plant.


4 comments:

  1. Yay Anna!! I'm proud of you. Are you going to start up your worm farm again, too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Worms, perhaps. Probably the BFLs though. I need a garden first and it is late in the year to get started. We'll see...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fall season planting starts in August...you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for gardening! I'm not great at it but Brian was gone the last two nights visiting his parents so I had to water his plants. Brought back good memories of childhood evenings spent watering the garden with my mom. Now I want to put the effort into it. Can't wait to see how your basil and tomato plants fare... I'm sure they will be delicious in your fabulous pasta recipe!! ;)

    ReplyDelete