Monday, August 1, 2011

Breaking in the Patio

The patio is finally uncovered! It was backbreaking work, dirty, muddy, and extremely HOT. In the end the grass filled around 16-17 bags. We transferred all the extra dirt to the front under the bushes. (We did it in the dark so our neighbors wouldn't see us and think we're crazy.)
Check it out peeps! The brick is in mostly good shape and the patio is huge! The next phase will include installing a large sail shade and maybe some plants, if I can get them to survive this weather. I am so thrilled to have a place to grow things.
The only area that needs a real help is along this edge. We'll work on it.........later.

And to help us break it in, we had a BBQ. I love it when the patio is covered with family instead of grass.


I am in love with this family size kiddie pool. The sides are tall enough to lounge on. That means deeper water, and if you are an adult you can lay all the way down to cool off. I don't think Adam and I would have survived without it.
Onto the next project...

7 comments:

  1. It looks fantastic. I knew it would.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! What a great find and you did a great job unburying it! I can't wait to see what your next project is. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go! It's aweseome- you got a grill, family, patio...looks like a great summer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I miss our family get togethers! Glad you guys had a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww I was so excited to see these posted! Thanks so much and it was a blast.

    ReplyDelete
  6. AWWWW that makes me so happy. using your BBQ and having your family over. good job. SO SORRY about the heat! :-S

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ok, all I can say is I am jealous, jealous, jealous. I love that you all got together!

    ReplyDelete