Monday, October 17, 2011

The Charm: The Final Chapter



The family decided to spend time up at Lake Tawakoni for Mom and Leilani's birthday. We were all a little hesitant because our first two trips to the lake had been rather unpleasant. Adam and I went up the night before to scout out a spot for the family.
 The next morning turned out to be perfect. We had breakfast burritos, lounged around...
 photographed huge grasshoppers that eat so loudly you can hear them from your chair...
And then the others started to arrive. Poor little Ava did NOT like getting her shoes dirty. She would either stand in one place and whimper till someone picked her up, or walk on only her heals. Kinda funny to watch.
 We took a walk along the shore and pried open a few muscles to see what was inside. Sand. No pearls. Bummer.
Leilani saw me taking pictures of things and insisted I hurry back with her to take a picture of yellow flowers she found.
 Cooking by committee...
chicken pot pie, first over the camp stove and then to bake inside Dayne's Volcano. (Fires prohibited due to the drought we've been having. Everything is so dry and part dead.)
Later that night we listened to some of Dad Moon's stories while eating GIANT marshmallow smores. Leilani at her ENTIRE sandwich. She worked at it for quite a while. Adam's was gone in a few seconds.
The next morning Leilani couldn't wait to see the "ocean". So Ava drove us there as quickly as she could. Although, someone must talk to her about keeping her eyes on the road; she tends to swerve a bit.
 And this is one of my favorite things to do. Why sit on the shore when you could have your feet in the water? (You should try it in the ocean for reals. It's hilarious. Especially when the waves practically knock you backward.) Adam and I sat like this for hours while he read to me. And then later the whole family had a good time sitting in the water chatting as well.
 It was a fabulous, calm weekend. Third time is the charm. Who ever wrote that was right.


6 comments:

  1. Oh fun! I so miss camping with you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it!! You should start wring a book...Adventures of the Moons...I would totally buy it. I love the way you tell stories. Love and miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I was so waiting for this post:) I'm glad you all had fun, feeling much better now. Loved all the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun is that? By the way...you look Fabulous. Now I don't want to go home for Christmas...

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun! Glad this trip was more successful than your last adventures to that lake! :) And I agree with Megan - I'd totally buy the book! :)

    ReplyDelete