We finally got the posts in (not painted yet) and the 16'x16' sail shade up. Phase 2 is done. A little late, now that the weather has cooled off but still quite enjoyable. Although it's not stunning, it works, and I do love the sparkle lights in the evening!
Some of you may ask, can we do this? Can we put posts in the ground in a rental home? Well...I will let Adam answer that. As for my part, my stomach feels a little squishy about it. But when we move, we'll dig them up and replace the dirt and grass. The holes aren't big so I'm going to ignore the squishy feeling in my stomach and let Adam take the blame if we get into trouble.
Next phase: Kill all the mosquitos. And plan a potted patio landscape for next year.
We own 3 rentals and as a landlord I say everything you have done to that house is an improvement. Let that squishy feeling go bye bye!
ReplyDeleteI agree with Sherry; you guys are making everything look better, so no worries.
ReplyDeleteI wish my squishy stomach could be solved as easily...I think it will require sit-ups, though.
How could the landlord possibly complain after all your cleaning up of the mess they left for you? It's lovely! And of course you love the twinkling light. (Me too!)
ReplyDeleteComing from a HOT state, that sail shade is priceless... even if you have to remove it when you leave. I'm sure it will be worth every penny and drop of sweat to have enjoyed the shade in the meantime!!
ReplyDeleteSorry about your horrible weekend (prior post) that is really scary. Hopefully that man is okay.
Looks great! I do wish I was as productive as you right now.
ReplyDeleteIf I were the landlord, I'd be happy to have tenants like you who care and are improving the value of the house! It looks fantastic!! :)
ReplyDelete