Sunday, September 25, 2011

New Baby Cake

Wanting to use some of my "gold" supplies (left over from Laurel's wedding) and pink flowers (left over from cake classes) I designed a cake for someone who just had a baby girl.
Below is my original intent:


And here is the lovely chocolate cake before the decor session began. (Do not use springform pans. They leak.) I put Dad's chocolate sauce between the layers with sliced strawberries.
Not everything went according to plan, (Just about everything that can go wrong with a cake, DID.) So, I couldn't follow my sketch, but ended up with something cute anyway.
White gold-dusted roses button up the center. The "pucker" lines were then painted in gold dust. Candy pearls sprayed with edible gold "paint" were placed around the base finish off the look. I think the pearls are my favorite part.

7 comments:

  1. So pretty! I like the pearls too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are wildly talented. You know that, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a beautiful cake Anna. Miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's beautiful! It looks like a cute little pregnant cake. ;c)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another winner, good job. Such talent you have.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha. I just read my comment and I phrase like Yoda. Cool.

    ReplyDelete