Wednesday, May 2, 2012

6 Years

Naturally, any outing to the city on an Anniversary must include some new food groups. (Amanda this is for you.) A Mozart Bakery was nearby, and they carry French Macarons. I have never tasted one. So we ended up in a Korean neighborhood, trying french dessert! (They are expensive....I will have to try baking my own sometime now that the recipes are popular enough to find in English.)


Next, per Amanda's suggestion we headed over to Avila's Mexican Restaurant (which is in a BAD part of town) to try out their acclaimed brisket. After driving past the place twice, and then finally seeing it....we almost didn't go in. 
In the end, I'm glad we did. The salsa was excellent. Although, quite spicy. And the brisket very flavorful. I ordered the brisket tortillas, Adam got the brisket gordita (below left) which was our favorite out of the two.
After that we drove around a bit and ended up perusing a German market. Of course we HAD to try  something German since we were on a roll. 

We decided on Stroopwafels. Extra grote. 2 stuks.
They tasted like...soft graham crackers with a caramel center.
Then later that night we went for Sushi of course. (That's what we ate the day Adam proposed.)
That  last picture is me telling you that if you want to be friends...you had better start liking Sushi.
In all, not bad for a day for not having planned a thing. We came out part Gardeners, Artists, French, Mexican, German, and Japanese.

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad to know that you, me and Bryan can be friends. We LOVE sushi! If we ever actually come down and visit Texas one day we will totally have to go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fun day. I'm glad you tried some new things!! Megan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy ethnic food, batman! I'm jealous- it all sounds and looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How did I miss seeing this until now?!?! I was just perusing my reader and thought I didn't recognize the post title.... geez!! I'm so glad you enjoyed your anniversary and tried some new things!! And you totally covered some major ground in one day!! I'm happy you enjoyed the macarons and brisket. ;) And I'm dying to try making macarons as well. You'll have to share if/when you do!

    ReplyDelete