Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Chihuly at the Arboretum

For our sixth anniversary we decided to visit the Dallas Arboretum. To our surprise the whole park was bustling with the preparations of Chihuly exhibits everywhere. There was yellow caution tape around everything as they were planting new greenery and installing special lighting for the glasswork. We are DEFINITELY going back to see this after it opens. Click here for details. Can you imagine what the glass sculptures must look like lit up in the evening?
Can you imagine an evening garden party in this space? So lovely and calm. These gardens are less "natural" and more structurally planned than the Fort Worth Botanical gardens. I like both for different reasons. 
I'll take his job. (But Sally, I think you'd be more qualified.)
If you are in town, don't miss this. It opens May 5th and goes until November. (Call us and we'll go with you.) The gardens usually close at 5pm but if you buy tickets to concerts at the Arboretum, they begin around 7:30 so you'll get to see the sculptures all lit up. Bonus!

No comments:

Post a Comment