The garden really spurted while I was in California! The green beans are doing alright, as you can see they've gotten to the top of the pole. Woot!
Below you see the bench Adam made for the plants to get them up off the hot brick. Excellent. It brings order to the patio which I really like. It was a wonderful surprise to see when I got home.
The plants are doing well, but we are getting VERY little produce. It's probably too hot and I haven't seen any bees. The jalepenos are our star performers so far.
And we seem to have a confused bird...he thinks our cherry tomatoes belong to him. I ran outside with a pillow ready throw and yelled at him. Now some of Hayden's sparkly ornaments hang from the tomato cages to deter the bird...er...thief. We haven't had a single tomato yet.
The purple beans were lovely, they had climbed all the way up the trellis. Then it rained and all the leaves fell off again. Adam cleaned them out while I was gone. No more purple beans. We'll re-plant green ones.
Addendum
Thought I'd show Mom and Dad Moon's garden too. It's very impressive.
The tomatoes are taller than Mom. I've NEVER seen tomato plants get so big before.





Love your garden!! Too bad the bugs did too!! :)
ReplyDelete