Saturday, February 14, 2015

Indian Food for Christmas

Dad and I were listing all kinds of ideas for our themed meal this year…nothing was sticking and then…someone said Indian. We both started drooling. Curry. Naan. Masala. I can smell it! If you've never had good Indian food…you really need to go find some. Do it. Tonight. It's Valentines. What better way to show your love for Indians?
We used scraps of Mom's fabric, a gold dish that's been sitting in the garage from Grandpa and Grandma Zenk's house (right?) and elephants from Mom's collection—Dad brings an elephant home for her every time he comes back from a business trip.

The spotlight goes to the beef satay with a curried cashew sauce drizzled over the top. Recipe on Half Baked Harvest In second place the Chicken Tikka Masala from BuzzFeed (I REALLY liked the yogurt marinade for the chicken. The chicken is cooked in it and then added to the Masala. But I would totally eat the chicken alone. Totally.)




Above: a simple Indian recipe / coconut cake for dessert.
We then gathered in the great room and enjoyed a musical evening on Christmas Eve.
The next morning Mom made quiche and sourdough cherry rolls for breakfast. Oh man, I love cherries.
I REALLY want one of those rolls right now. Thanks again mom. No wait, that's not good enough. Let me try again: THANK YOU MOTHER FOR MAKING FOOD (which I love) WITH MY FAVORITE TOPPING!




























Merry from Anna Zenk on Vimeo.
Above password: MERRY

The girls always enjoy balloons left by Santa.














1 comment:

  1. YAY! I'm so glad you guys ended up doing the Indian food this year and loved it! It looks delicious and the decor is perfect, of course! ;) I love all the pics and the video -- you and Adam are too cute! So glad you shared your holiday! :) And I haven't forgotten about the cake recipe... I just have been sick for about 70% of the time since Christmas... this cold going around stinks! I'll get that for you soon! It's on my list! ;)

    ReplyDelete