We each chose a recipe from The Art of Simple Cooking, I went with clam chowder. So off I went to Sprouts to score some of these babies.
The fresh clams were about $4.99 a pound, I needed two pounds—and had to read up on how to store them so they wouldn't die until I needed them. (Keep them cold in the fridge and cover with a wet towel. If they come open, they're no longer alive. I had to throw a few out from the get-go because the guy at the counter packaged some for me and I didn't know.) Oh well. Can't blame someone else for my lack of knowledge. Plus I did this to learn something right? Right.
Fresh clam chowder is incredibly easy. I really like it so I don't know why I've never tried before but will certainly be making it again. I'm looking forward to another meeting—and perhaps there will be more photos to share!

No comments:
Post a Comment