On a rather hot day, which happened to be my birthday, Adam and I went down to the Dallas Farmer's Market—which by the way, has seriously upped their game and is no longer the disappointment it used to be.
I had to start out with something to cool off. But note, freshly served ice cream between two cookies is extremely problematic. The ice cream squishes everywhere when you bite down and you can't really eat it fast enough with a spoon. I have thought of a couple of design solutions to this instead of serving it in tissue paper. They should hire me.
We discovered a little shop and found some cool Dallas Sh**t. Adam got this shirt. My favorite is face bacon.
And I got this little notebook, because I think it's funny, but some people think it's serious, which is also funny.
And then we went to the Dallas Museum of Art to visit some of Laura Owen's work. I believe her exhibit is there until the 29th of July.
I enjoyed her large abstract canvas pieces most, I think Adam felt the same.
Lucky Laura, her partner designs furniture. So they collaborated and she created wall art specifically to go with said furniture. I wish Adam was an artist...I wonder what a collaborative project from us would look like.
Just down the hall was a gold exhibit, Asante royal regalia from Ghana. Gold was and is still a symbol of power. I like the friendly charm these figures have.
Then off to dinner at the Meddlesome Moth which has been on my list of places to try for a long time.
It's inside an old tile showroom...the restaurant chose to leave the tile samples on the floor, so that was fun. And there are some interesting stain glass windows too. The food was excellent and comes from a scratch kitchen, but it's one of those places who, when you sit down explain, "These are small plates, designed to share between two people so you can order more than one dish and sample more of what we have to offer." That's just their way of saying, get ready to spend a lot because our dishes are very small and overpriced, we do that on purpose so you have to order more to feel satisfied. Ha!
And then, because birthdays require cake we went to the Cake Bar and sat around people watching while we at our moistly rich slices.
I chose the piña colada cake (pineapple and coconut). It was a GREAT choice and I will probably have it again. Thus ended the 38th year of the rein of Anna.



















No comments:
Post a Comment