One morning as I exited the house to go for a run I was met with a slew of what I thought for a second was a bunch of little mice turds...
...but it was a massive take-over of cut worms (moths) crawling around on the sidewalk and drive.
So I bent down and looked closer and saw they were in the lawn too.So then I looked at the lawn from the side and realized it was a convention, ahem, infestation! What?! If I stared in one place the whole lawn looked like it was moving. Because it was. We've had some irregular weather, so I suppose it created perfect conditions for the worms to hatch ALL AT ONCE. We were headed out of town so we couldn't do any kind of pest control so naturally the little pigs completely decimated the yard in September and it has BARELY come back this week.
I'm just glad we don't have any landscaping for them to eat! Welcome to Texas where the bugs are plentiful.



Ewwwww! That's gross.
ReplyDeleteSeriously! They make little popping noises when you step on them.
Delete