We interrupt the regularly late scheduled postings to wish you a wonderful Thanksgiving! We hope you had a good one. Our plans changed and we ended up with just the two of us this year, which I don't mind. It means we get to break some old family traditions in favor of our own new ones and that's always fun.
I'm a firm believer in having a good drink to sip out of a fancy glass if I'm going to be spending some extra time in the kitchen (or chocolate of course.) From Welches, I found a Sangria Mocktail and an alcohol free Rosé to taste. They were both excellent, especially the Sangria.
I wasn't planning on decorating the table but after thinking a bit and scavenging around the house and yard, I found enough things to get away with a decent tablescape.
While I set the table, we listened to Christmas music and Adam read.
The Sister Missionaries decorated our door and then doorbell ditched us. Fun!
And then the meal was ready. We had Cafe Rio salads! Funny, I know. But those restaurants aren't here in Texas and it's one of our very favorite meals. (I even traded a secret family recipe for this sweet pork salad recipe.) And since it takes QUITE A WHILE to prepare all the different elements...it almost never gets made around here. This is the second time we've made it for our Thanksgiving meal and it's GREAT and we get SO FULL. In all seriousness, we never miss nor crave a turkey. If you're the same, you have our permission to make something you crave next time too!
For dessert, we enjoyed a roll your eyes back and make yummy noises, Tres Leche cake. (I DID make a sweet potato pie too. I knew we'd want some a day or so later.)
The day after Thanksgiving it dawned on me we could invite Adam's parents over to help us eat the left overs. I hadn't messed up the table...so we did it all over again and enjoyed their company.
Happy Thanksgiving to all of you my loves. I hope you all had a pleasant holiday. Thank you to my family for sending Marco Polos. It made me feel a little less out of touch.
Addendum: We can't forget to answer the question....What are we thankful for this year?
Adam—for a job he actually likes. He doesn't dread work everyday. Especially in comparison to his job at Lockheed. It made him see how much he actually likes what he does now.
Anna—For the ability to loose weight. With discipline, I've rid myself of all the unwanted pounds I gained last year/winter. I feel better emotionally and physically, and I am grateful it's at least one thing in my life I can control. LOL.










Happy Thanksgiving! I love Adam's apron. LOL
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you two have special moments like this.
Hah hah! My parents gave it to him...so funny.
Delete