Yesterday a friend reminded me that I have been neglecting him by not blogging, hah.
While it's been partly unintentional it's also indecisiveness about how the blog can help tell our story now that Instagram has become such an EASY platform to QUICKLY post updates.
(I actually wish ALL my friends and family used it. I LOVE seeing what life is bringing you.)
But I like the way I can tell a story here with creative sequencing and fun image pacing and there are the slideshow/videos too. I love this blog, I get a little more personal here, plus it has 13 years of our life on it—so today's decision is that I'll keep posting here.
However, Instagram lets me share things INSTANTLY and it's SOCIAL and that's something this blog isn't...there's a two way interaction in Instagram which is FUN. So, consequently I'm a little more active there (but WAY less detailed.)
I'm enjoying BOTH! So there it is.
A plug for Instagram:
Haven't given Instagram a shot? I recommend it. Your account can be personal or private, you can have up to 5 accounts, and you can block anyone you want. You can put up a sequence of photos in the same post. You can post video, temporary or permanent.
If you still want to use Facebook (WHY?) you can set Instagram up so your images and captions automatically post to Facebook too. (I hate Facebook, but love Instagram. Ironic since Facebook acquired Instagram a few years ago.) Since Instagram is image based, it's 95% less political, opinionated, and no re-posting of some celebrity's "way-off-the-mark" opinion the way Facebook is. Yuck.
You can also find people to follow that are photographing things that are relevant to your interests. (For example, I currently follow someone who teaches great DIY tips for house renovation and it's been helpful!)
You could also set up a Chatbook account so that after every 60 images you post, a $10.00 photo book will be automatically printed and mailed to you (or the grandparents etc.)
So it's mostly a lot of fun photos and explanations of what the people I care about are up to.
I hope to see you there. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment