Repost:
For an activity at church, us ladies were asked to follow our family line through our mother's mother's mother's mother etc. back as far as we could go and then bring something to share or show that we learned about her. Through FamilySearch.org I was able to go back 7 generations and found Jacobine Olsdotter who lived in Norway. There was a little information about her but I also researched what sort of foods she would have eaten in the 1800s. Then I learned how to make Norwegian Potato Lefse and took it to share with the group.
It's been a fun way to feel connected to my great x's 4 grandma.
P.S. A few days later I went back to read up on Jacobine's husband and realized I could have gone back 4 more generations! Sheeesh.
P.P.S. This activity was a total hit. Our attendance doubled. I think because it was personal, and it invited each woman to talk about herself and her family is what made it appealing.


No comments:
Post a Comment