It was a good location for everyone...right in the middle between Dallas and Kansas. (Rather expensive though.)
The photographs of the property show about 5 cabins. So Adam and I were SURE, ABSOLUTELY SURE we were going to end up on a pull out couch somewhere.
But to our absolute SHOCK we all pretty much had our OWN spaces. The cabin above where we slept, was split into three living spaces.We had our own living room, kitchenette, bedroom, and bathroom. We couldn't have been happier.
Until I did this:
I broke my phone case too. Now I am opposed to concrete floors.
Consequently, I was timid about using my camera all week. Ugh. So some of these photographs were taken by my sister-in-law, Shayla.
Below is the main cabin. It had a big kitchen with industrial appliances, a "ballroom" with tons of space.
Outside was a fire pit......seating and tables for dining...
...and it all overlooked the creek.
The fireflies at night were a wonder to look at too. They were flying to the very tops of the trees and all around.
The owners had a friendly dog who made himself at home with us and liked to take naps on top of the tables outside. Photo by Shayla
On a couple of days, Adam woke up early to go fishing with his brother.
It was a bad time of year for fishing. But he STILL caught something.
We found an awesome "water feature" coming down the hill and hiked up it. I'm not going to post pictures but the rock formations that the water ran through was pretty cool. On another day I would have liked to go up with my bathing suit on and cool off there.
The family drove about an hour to visit a stroller friendly cavern.
Below and above: the cavern entrance.
A river runs through the cavern...I thought that was unique. They don't know from where the river originates. The ceilings are just tall enough to walk under.
I liked it, but also it's probably the least impressive cavern/tour I've been to. I'm not sure I would recommend it. We hear there are normally bats in the cave too, but again, we came at the wrong time.
Back at the cabins, everybody enjoyed spending time down near the water. Photo by Shayla
Photo by ShaylaPhoto by Shayla
We were assigned with Larissa and Dayne's family to do activities, lunch, dinner, and evening activities one Wednesday. We chose water activities. Photo by Shayla
Water balloon volleyball of course. And holding babies—plenty to choose from. Photo by Shayla
Pass a sponge of water backwards and fill up a bucket. (Looking at everyone's different expression in this photo cracks me up. Even Adam.) Photo by ShaylaWho can use up their soap the fastest? (Then we poured ice into the pool along with marbles and asked teams to pick up the marbles with their toes. Photo by Shayla
Adam was a great MC as per usual. My SIL kept commenting on how funny he is. Yep. That's Adam. Photo by Shayla
Spray off shaving cream with water guns. Photo by Shayla
You know...fun stuff like that. We also played QUEST after dinner which was hilarious. It's a game show we played on a cruise ship and it can only be played with a large group of people so it was perfect. If you want more details contact me. It's super easy.And then Dayne had a collection of fireworks which we set off later that night along with sparklers.
There were other activities, of course, throughout the week. We had a good time.
Photo by Shayla

































That looks like a fabulous place. I'm so sorry about your camera!
ReplyDeleteThanks :( I cannot even believe that happened. Ugh.
Delete