My birthday was both odd and good. It landed on Mother's day, which happened to be a Sunday too.
Now, I have NOTHING against Mother's day. I have a mother whom I love to celebrate and friends who are moms whom I honor and look up to. BUT...it’s odd to be wished a "happy Mother's Day" several times and enjoy a Mother's Day brunch at church when #1 I'm not a mother and #2 it's actually my birthday. So guess what I did that I don't usually do? I skipped church. I feel a bit bad. But, there it is.
I went foraging for birthday flowers. Then Adam got me some additional blossoms. (Note, DON'T shop for birthday flowers ON your birthday IF your birthday happens to be on MOTHER'S Day. Of course the pickin's were slim. DO go shopping AFTER mother's day. I found tulips for 99 cents.) This is one of the two arrangements I created. I haven't done one in so long—it felt good.
My mom was visiting HER mom in Idaho, and didn't forget me either! They sent a Marco Polo and sang to me. What a surprise and how sweet! (Yes, I did something for my mother too.)
Adam planned the day for us to celebrate. After he got back from church we went window shopping at the Shops at Clearfork where we had terrible macarons and great gelato. He also made dinner reservations in Fort Worth. And when we arrived home, he plunked two "wish" items from my Amazon list in front of me. A weighted blanket (so awesome) and this little bluetooth lady below. Isn't she beautiful?! Sigh. I so ENJOY a well designed item. Why look at Ugly when Beautiful is available? Thank you Marshall.
Adam had angel food cake, strawberries, and a candle ready to go and sang to me. He made a really weird day into a pleasant one.
Thank you to everyone who remembered me...it meant a lot this year.





Overall it sounds like a great day, even if it was a little weird!
ReplyDelete