Our ward decided to combine a 4th of July breakfast with a no-rules pinewood derby this year.
Can you guess what we decided to make?
A Money Wagon! This time instead of hiding the weight inside the car, I thought it would be fun to make it an obvious part of the design. I think it's funny. It raced well too.
During one heat, a "dad" held our car back while letting the other two cars go. Then he released ours and guess who won? Boom baby! It's all about the money honey.
Below: A few of the other cars: Green Slime, Cheese, and Black Night. I thought the flag was a nice touch for the holiday.
We always have fun racing at the no-rules derby. I like to see how people cheat on the build of their car. And you know what else? There's NEVER any crying. We randomly race (drawing names out of a bowl—we do about three rounds) and then open it up to challenges. When you can pick who you race...you can win EVERY time. The kids have THAT one figured out.
(For some reason, people have had a hard time wrapping their head around the no-rule, just for fun, concept. Some STILL don't attend because they don't like "competition" and all the bad feelings that ensue but we've had none of that the past three years.)
Below: Adam is MC again. Told you he's good at it.
This year some of the adults have FINALLY got the "no rules" part figured out and started putting weight on their cars. So, I think we came in at a solid third. Might have to work on aerodynamics next time. We've ignored that part thus far. Or we could figure out how to power it. Hmmm.
Later that night we went out for our usual Thursday night wings at Wingstop and then to a friend's house for swimming in the dark with glow sticks. Happy Independence Day America.






I love this car. It is so cute! How much money does it hold?
ReplyDeleteOur guess is about three dollars...but really, we didn’t count so we have no idea.
Delete