Currently:
I'm still working to kill the candida. After a second stool test and a breath test in March, we discovered I also have SIBO (small intestinal bacteria overgrowth) which is painful and causes bloating. I’m told it’s common for people to develop SIBO while fighting candida. And both things are extremely hard to get rid of. Aren’t I lucky?
(Above: The SIBO breath test. You fast for 24 hours. Then drink a sugary mixture. 20 minutes later and in increments of 20 minutes breathe into a bag while inserting a needle with collection tube for one second. Do this ten times. The bacteria in your gut eat the sugar and emit gases. Those gasses are expelled in your breath so they can be identified and measured. I personally believe a stool test is more accurate and can identify the EXACT bacteria but it’s 7x’s more expensive.)
Earlier, I mentioned my stomach was hurting too. After an endoscopy to look at my stomach and throat, I have been diagnosed with chronic gastritis. By the time we discovered this, my chest was so sore from reflux that wearing a bra was not an option. (Later, I had heartburn for the first time. It was so bad I thought I was having a heart attack and ended up going to the ER. Now there’s an embarrassing visit.) I absolutely HAVE to believe this will clear up when my intestinal problems do.
The gastroenterologist who did the endoscopy was skeptical when I told him “I am going to heal from this." I think it’s tied to stress because that’s what I AM, a big ball of it. AND my tummy also flares up when my guts do. So it makes sense to me if the stress and gut get better, so will the stomach.
I still have hope ALL of this will go away, if only we can get my body back into balance.
One bit of good news:
The candida in my mouth is almost gone. So that’s a sign my body chemistry is changing for the better.
Doctors:
I’m growing extremely frustrated with MAJOR communication delays and the roller coaster ride of “on again, off again" medication from the doctors in Georgia. They keep taking me off treatment to see how I feel. And then because things haven’t cleared up, like we hoped, I crash again. It’s physically painful and emotionally heartbreaking EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. I’ve just started my 5th treatment of Nystatin for the candida.
We’ve found a new doctor in Plano who might be able to help. We’re hoping to get a second opinion and maybe switch my care to him. I am both hopeful and doubtful at the same time.
Husband:
Adam has been a comfort through all of this. He let’s me cry, he holds me, he helps where he can. He’s been picking up the slack I leave behind. I can’t imagine going through this alone.
We’ve started an “Epic Vacation Jar” that we're filling with extra cash. When all this is over (including COVID)—we’re so OUT OF HERE! We’re leaving town and I’m going to eat all the food!
I thought this would all be behind me by now. And in many ways it is and I’m glad. But there’s still more ahead. ONWARD!


I love that you are still trying to have a positive attitude. I guess you have to at this point. I'm so sorry you are still going through all of this and hope you are back to the Anna you want to be very soon!!!
ReplyDelete