Nick, our friend, manages remodels and new builds for multi-millionaires' homes. Sometimes we get to see inside just before the family moves in. Here are a few photos of a new lake property we toured.
Above: The Foyer.
Below: The inside of the elevator. The wallpaper was commissioned and hand-painted.
You will hate me, and I hate myself...but I took no good photos of the green kitchen or the living area (Anna smacks her head.)
Below: Interesting cabinet pulls.
Above: Custom colored tiles on the bathroom floor leading to a soaking tub.
Below: Master bath
Yes, terrazzo is back in a big way. I like it—but am not sure it's something I would choose. It takes me a while to warm up to trends that used to be around 20 years ago. Terrazzo reminds me of elementary school hallways and lunchroom floors, but those were never as fancy as this.
Above: The bunk room. There were four bunks in here. Loved the choice and placement of the wallpaper on the ceiling.
Below: Another room and accompanying bath.
Where does one find chartreuse pulls like this? Ahhh...the luxury of hiring a designer. If only.
Below: The house from the back.
Get this; because the house is outside city limits, inspections aren't mandatory. WHAT?! So there are some interesting and fun things about the construction of the house that they couldn't have gotten away with otherwise. Wow. This way of living is just on another level ya know?
No comments:
Post a Comment