Big things have been happening on my Mother's side of the family. My last living grandparent was moved to a care facility several months ago and mid-April her children and a few grandchildren came together to clean out her home. (Not including me.) Grandma has dementia, so she's not fully aware of the situation.
It seems a little surreal, she's always lived in the same house since my mother was young and now it's gone. I didn't really get one last walk-through so in my mind the house still looks like it always has. That's weird. But then, big family changes always are.
I chatted with Mom about her experience and hope she writes it down...as it's not exactly my story to tell. But I know it was difficult in many ways for all of the siblings. Grandma knew she was with family that weekend, but didn't remember who belonged to whom.
Below: Zuki, Natalie, Luan, Grandma C. and Dwynne
Both Mom and Dwynne reported that Grandma is happy and well taken care of at the facility where she now resides. She has her own little room/apartment and she has friends there. I am relieved it's a good place for her. Uncle Ronald has always and still is watching over her too.
Below Main: Luan, Grandma C., Arlene, Sally
Background: Ronald, Lynn, cousin Nikki's daughter, Natalie
There are more pictures to be had but I need to ask for them.


No comments:
Post a Comment