Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Healthy Living

I can't keep my mouth shut any longer. These books are fabulous, educational and worth reading, no matter who you are—especially if you want to understand your body and your health. When I read these books the light bulb turned on. You all know what those moments feel like.

First, read YOU on a Diet, I recommend a chapter a day. While it's easy to understand, it gets a bit silly with the analogies. There are several fun illustrations to help you along the way. The first part of the book describes your body and how it functions in relation to food. It's fantastic. You'll have a lot of "wow" moments. (I skipped the back part of the book—the diet plan and work-outs—I just wanted the nitty gritty.) After reading this book you will feel enlightened.

Second, read South Beach Diet. All the information found in this book goes hand-in-hand with the YOU book. They completely back each other up. And because you read the YOU book first, South Beach is VERY easy to understand. Ding, ding, ding. Several lights going on.

This book talks about your blood chemistry and how to improve it as well as how to get rid of the damaging belly fat (described in the YOU book.) I have no doubts what needs to be done, or what will happen if I fail to do nothing. An eating plan is found in the second half of the book. No counting calories, no measuring food! Just the right equations of foods. Read it even if you have no weight to loose, it has a plan for healthy maintenance.


It's complicated and hard to describe why I feel these books are important, but it's absolutely information worth sharing, so I had to put a plug in. Even if you don't want to follow a diet plan, it's knowledge worth having.

2 comments:

  1. HA! I just borrowed You on a diet from the library! It's good to hear you liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never read either , but I have listened to Dr. Oz on Oprah and really liked what he had to say. I think I will have to pick those up...

    ReplyDelete