Saturday, May 23, 2009

Part 1

I love gardens. I love plants. Today we went to the Fort Worth Botanical Gardens. There are several gardens with different themes—109 acres of them. Wow. We made it to most of them. Here are a few images:



This raised walk was like walking through a forest. You can talk to one another through these tubes that run up and down the walkway.


Below: We are sitting at the base of a hollow, burnt out pecan tree. It's about 200 years old. Near it is a spring that was the source of water for American Indians and early pioneers. The pecan tree was named the state tree of Texas in 1919.



Below: water gardens with several Elephant Ear plants, some of my favorites (in the right setting . . . I have learned a porch is NOT the right setting for such a huge plant.)
End of part one. There were a couple of gardens we couldn't get into without cash. We will be returning with a full report of part two sometime soon.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Too bad I am an unintentional plant murderer. :)When are you coming to visit?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is gorgeous!! I wished that I lived somewhere so GREEN! :)

    Also, would you believe I haven't been 'camping' in almost 9 YEARS?! I can't. We 'camp' in cabins, hotels, and big houses... haha! Okay, I lied, our Clawson Family Reunion was actually camping right?! In a pop-up, without having to cook or pee outside?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love going to botanical gardens -- you got some beautiful pics!! Can't wait to see what ya get when you go back! :)

    ReplyDelete