Sunday, October 4, 2009

French Toast Frenzy

I was craving french toast. The good kind. That meant it had to be made out of homemade bread, thick slices. Homemade syrup had to be on the menu too. And since we were at it, why not orange juice and sausage and . . . . are you hungry yet? Oh yeah, and friends. Don't forget to invite your friends because there's NO WAY you'll be able to keep the goodness all to yourself.

I tried a couple of new recipes. The links are below if you'd like to try them as well. They ALL made fantastic french bread.

From left to right:
1. Dad's Dutch Oven French Bread. Click here for recipe.
2. Wheat Applesauce Honey Bread. No recipe. I made it up. The french toast turned out delish but the bread itself was very thick and didn't cook evenly so I'll be refining that one.
3. Lion House Cinnamon Raisin. Click here for pdf recipe.
4. Maple Syrup (You'll be ruined for store bought—you've been warned.) Click here for pdf.

Enjoy my friends. Enjoy.

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing, so all I need is you to come cook with me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds sooooooooooo tasty! Thanks for sharing. Definitely going to give it a try! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, that sounds soo soo yummy. One more reason to get a dutch oven...I've been piling up the reasons for a while, and ever since you posted about your dad's bread some time back, I have been wanting one all the more...hmmm, my birthday is this month, maybe I'll go wink at Dan. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. My whole pregnancy all i craved was french toast. This looks heavenly! I wish i had lived by you this last year! lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. I could eat JUST the bread... mmmm... OR the French Toast! That all sounds DELICIOUS! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete