Monday, December 5, 2011

The Making of Rockets

Rocket Launch Day! First we all created our own rockets...

using scissors, tape, paper, and stickers.



(I tried an extra tall rocket.)

 
The Shooting of Said Rockets



Step 1: Slide the barrel of the paper rocket onto the PVC pipes (launcher powered by air compressor) like so...


 Step 2. Count down. Five, four, three....


Step 3. Blast off! Chase down your rocket (if it didn't explode upon ignition) and mark how far it went. (That's my big rocket stuck in the grass below.)
Step 4. Head on over to the fix-it station and make modifications.


And keep on going! Everybody loved it. Even the littles.
I wish we could take this on the plane so my Zenk family could do it. But...um...the blaster looks just like it could be a bomb! I guess I won't chance it.
Aha! You think I don't see you eyeballing the launcher? Trying to figure out how to make one of your own I'll bet? Well, good news is that you can make your own very easily. But the better news is that you can buy one for SUPER cheap ($31.00 plus shipping) at RocketBlasters.com We bought this for the Weblos to use, they had a "blast" too!

5 comments:

  1. You have so much fun with your family!!! (You failed to mention, however, how far that beast of a rocket went!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool! Bring it! That would be fun...unless you end up in high security prison!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My Beast Rocket did pretty well. You can see it stuck in the grass in the "grass" picture. If the wings were more stiff it would have sailed/floated a little bit further like a paper airplane.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all the creative things you do at family gatherings. So fun. I think this activity would go over well around these parts, too.

    ps--your turquoise-ish shirt is super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks like so much fun! I suppose you could always give one to your family for Christmas if you can't carry that on the plane! LOL :) I'd love to try it out!! Are you going to be home at Christmas time this year? I'll be up there for over a week and I'd love to see you if possible! :)

    ReplyDelete