Quickest growers: Blue Lake pole beans and Trionfo Violetto pole beans. We're already starting to harden them off.
Most surprising sprouts: Lettuce (variation). I don't know...I think I was expecting them to look like mini lettuce.Most Robust: Small Wonder Spaghetti Squash.
Generally: The rest of the sprouts look like this. The peppers have just shown up. And the Lisianthus flower hasn't sprouted yet at all.
Most worrisome: Here are the vertical grow bags with a strawberry crowns planted in each hole. (10 per bag.) They show no growth yet. I might have planted them wrong, or they were no good when I got them. We'll see.
I am so excited to hear so many of you are starting gardens too! Share your progress and methods...how fun!





You're doing great! If nothing else, you had a lot of green for St. Patty's day :)
ReplyDeleteWe have small sprouts of basil, tall chives, really tall cilantro, and one measly sprig of what I hope will live to be sage. We shall see :) Good luck with your grow bags!
Hey--good thing you chose Blue Lake pole beans--you do realize that the Blue Lake is from Twin Falls? I used to go swimming at Blue Lakes Country Club. There are a couple of places in the area where they develop and do whatever to seeds--including beans. So think of Grandma and Grandpa when you see your beans! I have some in my garden, too!
ReplyDelete