Monday, March 12, 2012

Sneak Peak


Have you ever looked at other peoples' outstanding/amazing work and been green with jealousy and also discouraged because you don't think you'll ever be "great" like them...but also motivated to improve? I have some design heroes whose work did that to me.

So, after sulking for a bit and wishing I were in New York amongst those heroes and opportunities...I got busy. I want to develop my typography skills specifically, so I decided to do posters which are a good medium for that. And BOY am I learning a lot! Practice, practice!
Above: One of Dwynne's favorite quotes by Walt Whitman, American poet. Below: One of my favorite quotes by Napoleon Hill, personal development guru.
Below: Quote by George Lois, advertising man. First o
riginal font by me! I guess I'll have to think of a name for it...

The posters will be available on the MinelollyLiving site (until I can think of a new business name for my design), but I'll be adding them slowly as they take a lot of work.
Adam is also learning too. Isn't he a great model? He's getting better and better. He's also been really great at giving me constructive feedback. So, thanks Adam!

5 comments:

  1. Anna, I think you are one of those GREAT people that a lot of people look up to! You do it all! You garden, you bake and cook, decorate cakes, make beautiful crafts, etc. etc. etc , and now these prints too! So awesome! And after reading your seed post I have decided to start my own seeds, so thanks for the inspiration. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are amazing! (you could totally do stuff like that for baby nurseries!). You are so truly talented!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ditto the other comments. Speaking from personal experience, you ARE one of those people others envy! :)

    Ps I'm gonna start seeds, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look great. Even Justin said so. Ha! But, really, they look awesome. Way to pull yourself out of your funk.

    ReplyDelete