Sunday, April 1, 2012

French Toast Frenzy 2012

Adam and I don't keep bread in the house. (It's because of me, bread is my nemesis.) But Conference weekend was coming up and I wanted to have friends over for another French Toast Frenzy while we watched. Because of the bread deprivation I went a little crazy and made FOUR kinds of bread, including: Banana Wheat, Orange and Currant, Pumpkin Raisin, and Dad's dutch oven French Bread. Here are a couple of the recipes.
Orange and Currant: Click here. My favorite. Part needs to be prepped the night before.
Pumpkin and Raisin: Click here. Light pumpkin flavor, uses wheat and rye flour.
Neither are overly sweet and made excellent french toast with homemade syrup and fresh berries on top (Thanks Dafni!)
A couple of weeks ago our farmer's market had green beans at $1.00 a pound. So we purchased two bags. Introduced to us by Larissa, this side dish is one of my favorites to make with fresh veggies. Click here. Aren't the colors wonderful?

No comments:

Post a Comment