Thursday, January 10, 2013

No More Payments!!!

We pushed really hard in 2012 to pay off the car and my student loans. 
WE DID IT!!!
How did we do it? Ever hear of Dave Ramsey? Ever hear of Gazelle Intensity? Or perhaps The Total Money Makeover book? That's how. We are following Dave's plan to get out of debt, stay out of debt, and build wealth. It's been hard, and we went without doing a lot of things but this year we paid off the car 13 months early and my student loan 3 years early. Next we'll start working Adam's school loan. We are SO excited about it, I can't even tell you. 

Below is Anna and Zuki making that last payment of $577.92. 
Then for extra umph we printed out the payment receipt and burned it.
The next day we headed down to Folsom (we were in California) and had a wonderful lunch at FATs Asian Bistro to celebrate. (I could hardly hold my tongue, I wanted to tell all our servers why we were there.) I highly recommend the place but make reservations. I am told they are ALWAYS busy. We waited almost an hour for a seat. (Images found here.)

Just in case you decide to go: The food was delicious, and the building is directly off Highway 50. Anna chose Thai Seafood in a Fat Pot (shrimp, scallops etc. in a rich coconut red curry broth. It was enough food for about three meals.) Adam got Red Chili Tiger Prawn Noodles (tiger prawns marinated in chili, grilled and served on a bed of lo mein noodles with green beans and oven dried tomatoes in garlic sauce.)
And our fortunes couldn't have been more appropriate for the occasion.
I'm sure once Adam's payments are over, and we are completely debt free...we'll have an even bigger celebration!

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations! We are big Dave Ramsey fans as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Next step- calling in on Debt-Free Friday and screaming WE'RE DEBT FREE! Good for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!!! Love your photos too ;) FATS is the best -- I love their food!!! Great choice of celebration!!!

    ReplyDelete